Marketing to Latinos Summit Series and Networking Events

LatinVision Media News

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The top 10 travel apps you’ll need this summer

1. Smart Traveler
The US State Department developed a surprisingly useful app stuffed full of juicy information. Country by country detailed data like Know Before You Go, Travel Warnings and Entrance Requirement info is invaluable when planning travel to remote destinations.
Favorite Feature: Shake for a random country (Nerd alert!)
Free: iPhone only.

2. Hipmunk
Our favorite booking app on the market takes the “agony” out of airfare and hotel search. Its simple and useful UI makes flight search fast and easy. The heat map function is useful to quickly see if your hotel is near nightlife, restaurants, or in the middle of nowhere. Not just hotels, Hipmunk even filters results from Airbnb and Hostelbookers.
Favorite Feature: Heat map “Vice” option
Free: iPhone and Android.

3. Pinterest
Pinterest has emerged as a disruptive travel site for inspiration. You can organize your boards by geography (Asia, Latin America, Africa, etc) or use it to plan your honeymoon, bucket list or dream vacation. Pinterest is a great way to discover the places you didn’t realize you want to discover.
Favorite Pinterest Travel photos: Huts over the water (anywhere!)
Pinterest.com

Read full article

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the list! I spend a lot of time traveling for my job at Dish, so I'm very excited to try all of these out. Smart Traveler sounds like a very helpful app! When it comes to traveling I always make sure I have my Dish Remote Access downloaded, and my Sling Adapter at home hooked up. I use it mainly for entertainment purposes in airports and hotels, because it lets me watch all of my favorite shows, live or recorded, anywhere I go in the world. It's a great stress reliever waiting for flights, and helps keep me entertained for hours when I have a lot of time to kill. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Marketing to Latinos Business Summit

New York Time

Copyright 2009 ©
LatinVision Media Inc
POB 376 Church St. Station
NY, New York 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Operated by LatinVision Media Inc.

Total Pageviews last month