The first issue of the eight-page section, appeared in the March issue of DeltaSky, highlighting Delta’s continued strength in Latin America, and is tailored to Delta’s Spanish-speaking customers.
"Despegando is the latest benefit for Delta’s Spanish-speaking customers as we work to become the best U.S. carrier in Latin America," said Nicolas Ferri, vice president -- Latin America and the Caribbean. "In recent months we’ve strengthened our Latin American network, launched in-flight service improvements and we’ll have even more news in coming weeks."
The publication profiles a celebrity in each issue. "We were proud to have Sofía Vergara featured in our first edition," Ferri said. "She is not only a Latin American star but, a true crossover celebrity in the U.S. Hispanic market."
Other features in Despegando include:
- "1 City/5 Ways," which offers different perspectives to explore a single city, from unique culinary offerings to the region’s history and people.
- "Destinations With," where travel experts highlight their top picks for food, fun and accommodations in a variety of destinations.
- "My Favorite Street," which takes readers to the favorite street of a travel expert, mapping out the best stops along the way.
- "Five Minutes With," which features a Q&A with top business leaders.
- "Road Warrior," where some of the world’s busiest travelers offer their tips and strategies for thriving in life on the road and in the skies.
- “Style Inspirations,” which highlights a city’s unique fashion, accessories, gifts, and fine foods.
Ads in Despegando must be in Spanish and space is limited to 8 pages only.
About Delta Air Lines